About Home Loans and Housing-Related Assistance
Take stock of your options on the home front with VA home loan guaranty and housing-related assistance.
VA home loan programs may be used to obtain homes, condominiums, or manufactured homes; refinance an existing home loan; or install energy-saving improvements. VA offers these three main types of guaranteed home loan benefits: 1.) Purchase Loans, 2.) Cash-Out Refinance Loans, and 3.) Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loans.
Learn more: Home Loans and Housing-Related Assistance
Resources for Veterans
- A Guide to Housing Benefits for Veterans - The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs offers a variety of housing benefits to eligible veterans and service members, including mortgages that don’t require a down payment, housing grants for veterans with service-related disabilities and rental assistance for veterans in need. Whether you are a renter, plan to buy a home, or need housing assistance because of special circumstances such as disability, this guide can help you identify what type of help you may be able to get from the VA.
- Military & Veteran Discounts Guide: The Ultimate List of Stores
- VA Loans - If you are a veteran, active-duty service member or spouse of a veteran or service member, you may benefit from the home loan program insured by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). VA mortgage lenders offer an assortment of home loans intended to meet different needs.
- VA Home Loan: Here’s What You Need to Know - There are many benefits of using a VA Home Loan guaranty, but too often there is misleading information that can discourage veterans from using them. We will provide some basic information about housing benefits for veterans.
- VA Loan: In-depth Explanation of the VA loan Process - A VA loan (also known as a Veterans Administration (VA) home loan) is one of the most useful military benefits. If you qualify, you can buy or refinance a home mortgage with as little as $0 down, with great rates and financing up to $424,000. This webpage offers an in-depth explanation of the VA loan process, and instructions on how to submit an application.